For most people, reflexology starts showing benefits immediately once the reflexology professional’s hand starts the foot treatment. However, some may experience tiredness, weakness, or the need to urinate. These will diminish over the next session of the reflexology treatment, as you begin to experience the amazing benefits.
- Reduce Stress – When stressed our body becomes susceptible to illness and disease (According to the American Medical Association, 85% of illnesses are related to stress). Reflexology reduces stress, helping the body regain balance and allowing self-healing. Once the reflexology treatment starts, the relaxation begins.
- Improved blood Circulation – Blood needs to flow freely to the entire body to carry oxygen and nutrients to the cells and remove the metabolic wastes and other toxins. Many studies show that reflexology increases blood flow to the feet, brain, kidneys, and intestines. Because reflexology relaxes the overall body, including the cardiovascular system, blood can flow naturally and easily.
- Stimulates Nerve Function – Reflexology stimulates over 7,000 nerves in the feet and encourages the opening and clearing of neural pathways. Reflexology interrupts pain pathways and reduces pain.
- Improved Immune power – Reflexology induces the lymphatic system that can reduce the risk for infection. Reflexology removes toxins and induces the production of endorphin, leading to an increase in immune power and a sense of well-being.
- Increase in Energy level – Reflexology revitalizes energy throughout the body by stimulating and relaxing energy pathways.
- Helps postoperative recovery – Reflexology helps faster recovery after surgery by reducing pain and helps to reduce the use of analgesic.
- Eases Pregnancy & Delivery – Women who received reflexology can experience shorter labor times. In addition, there is a positive impact on postpartum anxiety, depression, bowel movements, and urination.